The best source is a friend, or perhaps a business acquaintance, who has been satisfied with, and can recommend, a home inspector they have used. If that source is not available then you can tell a lot from a home inspection by simply looking at their website.
- Do they have clear concise descriptions of the services they offer?
- Do they have certification visible for you to review?
- Do they have client testimonials?
- Do they offer a sample report for you to preview?
- Are they locally owned and operated?
This is a big decision and you want to get it right, so ask yourself if they seem to be passionate about what they are doing and are they doing what they are passionate about? Ask yourself if they will represent your best interest for your biggest investment? Good luck and God bless!