Most standard home inspections do not include this service, but at Power House Inspections, it does.
Here is what YOU can expect from a Power House home Inspection!
The home inspection provides a general “top-to-bottom” evaluation of the property, including inspection of the house structure and the major systems and components, such as the roof, electrical system, plumbing system, and heating & air conditioning system.
On the surface, a home may appear to be in good shape, but our experience from inspecting both new and older homes throughout The Greater Kansas City Area and The Greater Atlanta Area tells us that structural issues, roofing problems, electrical defects, plumbing issues, and many other significant problems are more prevalent than should be expected, and that minor deficiencies generally affect all properties. Also, major maintenance and repair costs, such as the need for complete replacement of the roof or HVAC system, may be a near term or immediate concern.
Our expectation is to provide you with the facts concerning the real condition of the home so that you may proceed with knowledge and confidence. With this information you can go about getting any deficiencies taken care of on your own, determine whether proceeding with the purchase of the home is prudent, or perhaps use this knowledge to negotiate the terms of your home purchase.
The following is a partial listing of the systems and components observed during the home inspection (pre-purchase inspection):
The following list of services are available at an additional cost. These services are not included in our standard home inspection.
- Radon Gas Testing48 hour test to measure levels of radon, if any
- Termite/WDI (Wood Destroying Insect) InspectionThorough inspection for all wood-destroying insects (WDI’s) such as termites, powder post beetles, carpenter ants, and carpenter bees.
- Mold InspectionThrough visual inspection of any exposed mold growth will be mentioned. Additional lab testing can be performed to determine type of mold (this service is over & above the mold inspection).
- Pool & Spa InspectionVisual inspection of the exterior of the pool, the visible areas of the pool shell/coping, pool equipment including the heater, pump, filter, and electrical components.
- Septic InspectionCheck initial water level of the tank and check water flow and then recheck water level of tank.